Dean of Research and Innovation
Share this role
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Closing date:
- 28th June
- Job Ref:
The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine is the first institution dedicated to research and teaching in the field of tropical medicine and will be celebrating 125 years of global health impact in 2023.
The School’s work in combating diseases such as TB, HIV/AIDS, malaria, dengue and lymphatic filariasis is supported by a research portfolio of over £210 million, and is at the forefront of infectious disease research. Attracting over 600 students from 68 countries, the School works in partnership with health ministries, universities and research institutions worldwide to train the next generation of doctors, scientists, researchers and health professionals.
We are seeking a strategic and analytical leader, who will provide leadership for Research and Innovation activities, and will be responsible for developing strategies for research, enterprise and innovation, to promote new activities to grow research income and ensure delivery of research and teaching excellence.
As a member of the University’s senior leadership team, you will be a renowned academic with an excellent understanding of global public health funding, policy and the wider research landscape. You will inspire your team and work collaboratively across the School with high levels of emotional intelligence to effectively engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Inclusion is central to our values at LSTM. We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diversity across our communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age, and disability. LSTM selects candidates based on skills, qualifications, and experience.
We welcome conversations about flexible working; and applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
For an informal conversation, please contact Kit Rooney (email@example.com)
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org