Head of Marketing
As the first institution of its kind in the world, dedicated to education and research in tropical diseases, it’s an exciting time to join LSTM as we enter our 125th anniversary year in 2023. We have a bold ambition to build upon our existing strengths and research activities, both in the UK and overseas, and developing and educating the global health leaders of the future is at the heart of our plans and we have just realised our new strategy.
Building a strong international reputation will be critical to realising that ambition and we are investing in a number of new roles as part of our transformation to a new External Relations team.
We are looking for a new Head of Marketing who will join our External Relations Leadership team and help shape the future direction of LSTM’s brand and reputation. We are seeking an experienced Marketing leader, ideally with experience of Higher Education, with a strong background leading, nurturing and managing a team to deliver significant business impact. We are keen to hear from creative, passionate and highly experienced professionals who can bring innovative approaches and make their mark quickly.
The new Head of Marketing will work closely with the Head of Corporate Communications and lead a team of five staff across Corporate Marketing, Recruitment Marketing, Corporate Events and Web, as well as Digital Content. They will be responsible for developing, delivering and monitoring the overall strategy for corporate marketing and will oversee the delivery of operational plans and activities.
You will bring:
- A strong track record in corporate marketing and brand strategy at a senior level
- Experience leading teams of staff with a solid background across the full marketing mix – developing strategy, delivering campaign plans and marketing activities
- Strong working knowledge of website management, content creation and corporate events delivery
- The ability to lead and inspire people and the ability to operate effectively at an executive-level
- A desire to make a positive impact at a unique, mission-focused organisation
- Creativity, passion and a desire to innovate with the ability to make a significant positive impact
In return, we offer:
- A supportive and nurturing leadership team in which you will have opportunities to further develop as a professional in the sector, and beyond.
- A great team environment and culture, working with people who are passionate about tackling the greatest global health challenges.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Hybrid working options with around 3 days a week based at our Liverpool-city centre office.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Marie Gray, Director of External Relations at email@example.com
Please note: interviews will be held during May 2023 and the selection process will include undertaking a presentation, formal interview and providing a portfolio of previous work.
To apply for the position please follow the apply link and upload your CV and covering letter.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we may close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered.
Inclusion is central to our values at LSTM
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diversity across our communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. LSTM selects candidates based on skills, qualifications, and experience.
We welcome conversations about flexible working; and applications from those returning to employment after a break from their careers.
Founded in 1898 and the oldest of its kind in the world, the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for teaching and research in tropical diseases. Through the creation of effective links with governments, NGOs, private organisations and global institutions and by responding to the health needs of communities, LSTM aims to promote improved health, particularly for people of the less developed/resource poorest countries in the tropics and sub-tropics.
Look at some of the great work we have achieved over the past year by viewing our annual report: LSTM Annual Report 2021-2022 | LSTM (lstmed.ac.uk)
LSTM actively promotes Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Policies
View the job description and person specification here.